Featured Post

Analysis: Astra Militarum Regiment Mathhammer [Revised]

Now that most of the rules from the new Codex Astra Militarum have previewed/leaked online, it's time to start our proper Faction an...

Sunday, 2 November 2014

Test Model: Astra Militarum Guardsman

Imperial Guard, Cadian, Maxmini, Combat Armour, Victoria Miniatures, Arcadian, Conversion

Here is the test model for my new Astra Militarum army. The first humble Guardsman of many, many more to come!

I've wanted to build an Imperial Guard / Astra Militarum army for a long time, but I was never a fan of the GW plastic Cadian or Catachan models. Over the last 18 months, I've experimented with several different combinations of GW and third-party bitz to build a better Guardsman.


Imperial Guard, Cadian, Maxmini, Combat Armour, Victoria Miniatures, Arcadian, Conversion

I'm very happy with how this test model turned out, both in the modelling and painting. I think it really captures the feel of the embattled human soldier in a hostile galaxy of aliens, mutants and demons.

Now it's time to paint another twenty-nine of these guys just to finish the first platoon...

0 comments:

Post a Comment